Saturday 25 September 2010

I need a job!!

While being temporarily out of work, I find myself being more and more engrossed in video games. Now, I've always been a gamer right from Kula World on the PlayStation and the first collection of one hundred pointless but amusing games on the gameboy (Original), but recently I have found myself alone and slightly afraid. This is only because I've exhausted every retail store and place of work in my town and there is nothing. So I now find myself sitting at home, which is nice don't get me wrong but it lacks any, and I mean ANY, social interaction. I go out with my mates, have a drink and a few games of pool every week but there is nothing for me to come home to. If I had a job I could come back home knowing that the next day I would need to go to work, I would need to pack my bag with all my work essentials, lunch and any work I needed to finish off at home, it would also give me a reason to get up in the morning because frankly, at the moment I feel like a bit of a slob. You see, the alarm goes off, I get up, but then I realise that I have no reason to get up and I go straight back to sleep. Then I feel like I've wasted the day by doing nothing, aside from this, I have the enormous guilt of not being able to pay my way because most of my money goes on living and board for my aunty. This is why I have turned to video games, I've been playing them a lot recently and I've found that when I am playing one game and completing it, then moving onto another game it seems to stick into my brain a lot more than when I'm going from game to game. Its a nice feeling to understand the story to the game because when the ending comes, you actually know what the hell is going on. I've raced through about four games in the past few weeks and its been great, I've completed Mass Effect 2 which stands to be one of the greatest games ever (Mainly because I LOVE sci-fi), I've beaten Halo Reach, Mafia 2 and now I'm in the process of doing Dead Rising 2 which has only been out a few days. So as you can see, I've got a whole lot of nothing to do until I have a job. Good job I followed geek tradition and am in the process of applying for a Microsoft apprenticeship

No comments:

Post a Comment